I also learned something else - when you bring a dessert to an Enrichment (ahem, Relief Society) Meeting, it not only needs to taste good, but it has to look good too. I brought a deeeeelicious pumpkin sheet cake with cream cheese frosting all made from scratch. Seriously, heaven in my mouth. But it ain't pretty. I brought it covered in foil in my ugly well-used and well-loved baking sheet, to find that when I pulled the foil off it took some of the frosting off with it. As I scrambled to patch it back together, I saw beautiful cake after cake being placed on to the table next to my "sweet spirit." Seriously, those things were masterpieces - we all thought they were store bought because of their very precise, beautiful frosting patterns, plus they tasted SO GOOD! My sheet cake looked like a rusty old oil tanker next to these fancy shiny speedboats. I wanted to grab my cake and hide it in the kitchen! Sigh. So note to self, next time I make a cake for Relief Society (which will probably be NEVER), I've gotta step my game up! Haha. Oh well.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Girly Mormony Flowery Stuff
Well you guys I think I can official get my "I'm a Mormon married person" badge now because I made a craft yesterday. Successfully (after a couple crappy ones). I am so proud of myself I just had to document it!
Sorry for the awkward self-taken picture. Joe wasn't home. But seriously, look at those cutenesses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Okay, so the next step in achieveing mormon girly flowery hood is to post how you made those cutenesses and of make it seem harder than it really was all the while bragging how easily you made them.
Same goes for the oil rig cake.
LOLOLOLOL. Too funny. And frighteningly accurate.
Those are SUPER cute!!
Umm, but I was serious.
I want you to reach to the next level of girly mormony flowery stuff and at least sort of 'splain to us how they were made.
Cuz I think they are cute, and I like flowers, and I strive to become more and more each day the epitome of mormony goodness. And by golly, these would help. :)
OH MY GOSH KATIE! You have arrived :)
Post a Comment