Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009: Year of the Swine (Flu)

Well guys, it's official. I am the worst blogger ever. But to make it up to you, I give you 2009: A Year in Review (Nibley-Style).

January: Angie and Lulu came to visit and we celebrated Lulu's birthday. All I remember is her reaction to her presents - "OH MY GOODNESS!!!"

(She definitely takes after her grandmother.)

February: I can't remember a single thing about this month. February's a crappy month anyway. Moving on.

March: I played my senior recital! Halleluiah! And Joe played on it.

Pumps of Justice.

April: Joe and I took a trip to University of Michigan to take lessons with the bassoon and trumpet teachers, get to know the campus, etc. It was awesome and we had a great time staying with our friends the Bergmans!

May: This month was all over the place! We went to University of Maryland to take lessons with the bassoon and trumpet teachers and got spoiled rotten staying with my parents in Ashburn. Also, we went on a week-long tour to Oregon with the chamber orchestra, I took a trip to New York for my Grandpa Killian's funeral, and I got called as Relief Society secretary! Insanity.

Outside U of MD's School of Music. Uber-cute!

Beautiful view of the Oregon coast. I love that place! So many hippies.

June: I got my second gum graft, Joe and I had a great time working as Summerfest counselors (and got to eat at the Morris Center for a week...delicious?), celebrated my 22nd birthday, we celebrated our first anniversary (I roadtripped to Boise with SSASS for Sister Weiner's farewell...worst wife ever), and most importantly I discovered the greatest baboon who ever lived - Jackie.

Delicious.

"I am Lars, your new friend and counselor!"

We miss Sister Weiner!!

July: We went to the American Idol concert! I am still verklempt.

August: I graduated with all that I could've asked for from BYU - a degree and a cute husband.

Yah, I graduated - no big deal, vhatever.

September: Back to school! I started my Master's degree at BYU and realized that being a grad student is freaking awesome (perks include free donuts and bagels on Thursdays, primo parking, and convincing the freshmen bassoonists to take us out to lunch with their Dining Plus cards in exchange for our sage knowledge). Joe started his last year of his undergrad. Good times all around. Also, Angie and Lulu flew out and we went to the zoo. Highlight of my life.


October: Halloween! We went to Denny's and bowled in costume with other married couples. We are cool, I know.

From L to R: A pencil, a pregnant woman, vampires, Albert Einstein, a black woman (only in Utah could you dress up as a black person and not get shot), and a slumber party.

It has been proven that cigar smoking can improve your bowling score.

November: Thanksgiving! We stuffed ourselves silly at Joe's dad's and made a gingerbread house with the girls. Also, we auditioned at ASU and enjoyed the sunny warm weather for a couple days. It was pretty depressing coming back to the snow in Utah and realizing we still had 3+ months of winter hell to endure.


December: Joe, Sarah, and I headed to Virginia for Christmas break for a Smith Family Christmas. We enjoyed the down-time and basically did...nothing. We spent about 90% of our time looking up Bruno clips on youtube. Ach-ja!

(Picture taken from http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/news/00023573.jpg)
Uber cute!

We also did a little shopping. Joe had fun.

And here we are now, in 2010! Joe and I are embarking on our grad school auditions...we'll be hitting five different schools in the next two months. Insanity!! I'll keep you posted. Maybe.

1 comment:

matt and amie said...

Katie, that is so awesome that you're getting your masters. I bet Brother Smith is so excited! We should hang out before you leave Utah, Maybe I'll come to a master class, when are they? Good luck on all your auditions Im way excited for you!!